Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Shoe on the Other Foot

I am constantly amazed that those who lead the crusades are the one who inevitably have to go before the public with their Mea Culpas and hope that they are given a better chance at a reasonable sentence than any of my clients ever get. For once, I would like one of these jokers to go before the public and say, "you know, I know it looks like a do as I say and not as I do. And you're right." I would also like to see the poor spouse who has been drug into this media circus against their will to stand up and say, "He is going to pay for this in ways you can't even imagine."

Now having said that, I would be curious to see if they will prosecute him at all. I am sure there will be a tremendous amount of political pressure to pursue this, especially with him being a Democrat and this administration being oh so careful in who they go after. But at the end of the day, is there really anything else that could be done to him that hasn't already been done, (loss of governorship, loss of potential national office, loss of reputation, becoming a national punchline) I know it does not match actual incarceration, but some would put those things ahead of jail.

No comments: